Laser-welded steel tubes
Why not use different materials in a tube, thus opening up new ways of construction? Tailored Orbitals® combine different diameters, wall thicknesses and materials – and reap the benefits of Tailored Products for rotationally symmetrical parts: less weight, lower costs and improved functionality.
Wide range of applications
The wide range of variation ensures possible applications across various business areas: Tailored Orbitals® are used in automotive components as well as in industrial parts. Tailored Orbitals® are particularly effective when it comes to saving weight and material or to the optimization of the production process.
Benefits at a glance
- save material and production steps.
- reduce the overall weight.
- improve functionality.
- reduce costs.
- allow more versatile shaping.
Areas of application
- Exhaust technology: Tubes and reinforcements
- Seating technology: Supporting tubes and struts
- Chassis technology: Dampers and suspensions
- Cross bars in the cockpit
We can manufacture Tailored Orbitals® of up to 2.1 m in total length. The possible range of tube diameters is between 30 and 90 mm, wall thicknesses between 0.5 and 5 mm. Both carbon steels and stainless steels can be used.